If you’re in the neighborhood, swing by the Map Room on West 9th for a pint of 2012 IPA or Mi Asis Dragon. In addition to these two, they have Convent Crasher on deck!
News & Events
Ohio Brew Week is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and celebrating Ohio’s diverse craft brew industry during a 10 day long Athens festival.
The farm to table local food culture that Athens is nationally known for gives the Ohio craft brewing industry a fun place to visit not only for those who enjoy drinking craft brews, but also the farmers who grow the ingredients, the brewers who concoct the brews, the distributors who deliver the kegs and the restaurants and bars who serve the drinks.
Saturday, June 14th – Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica
Vip Session: 12-5pm
General Admission Session: 1-5pm
The World Beer Festival returns to Cleveland for it’s second year!
A chance to sample over 200 craft and specialty beers from around the world.
Three distinct beers brewed in Northeast Ohio emerged as winners during judging at Friday’s Art and Ale tasting at the Akron Art Museum.
The event, a benefit for the museum, attracted several hundred beer lovers who sipped a variety of creations from craft brewers, mostly from Northeast Ohio. More than a dozen breweries served ales, ciders and beers in the museum’s lobby.
Best in Show went to:
- B.O.R.I.S. the Crusher from Akron’s Hoppin’ Frog Brewery. The ale is an oatmeal imperial stout at 9.4 percent alcohol. This smooth sipper garners national awards on a regular basis.
- An Abbey Ale from Black Box Brewing Co. in Westlake. Full-bodied with a slight caramel flavor, this had the richness of a well-made Belgian ale.
- Ma Barker’s Birch Beer from Main Street Grille and Brewing Co. in Garrettsville.
Craft Brewing Facts:
- Growth of the craft brewing industry in 2012 was 15% by volume and 17% by dollars compared to growth in 2011 of 13% by volume and 15% by dollars.
- Craft brewers currently provide an estimated 108,440 jobs in the U.S., including serving staff in brewpubs.
US Brewing Facts:
- 2,403 total breweries operated for some or all of 2012, the highest total since the 1880s.
- Overall U.S. beer sales were approximately 200,028,520 barrels and imported beer sales were 27,712,665 barrels in 2012.
Black Box Brewing Company celebrates Ohio’s native tree fruit.
Three days of family fun, music, presentations, vendors, food and drink, yoga, kayaking, and more in the hills of beautiful southeastern Ohio.
Please join us in the Beer Garden. We are featuring Cookie Duster, a Belgian oatmeal rye with pawpaw pulp and Tellicherry peppercorns.
Black Box Brewing Company joins Rid-All Green Partnership/Growing Power at their Regional Outreach Training Center.
Rid All Green Partnership
Our mission is to transform communities, starting with 3 acres in Cleveland’s Kinsman Neighborhood, part of what’s known as the Forgotten Triangle.
We’ve reclaimed the land for growing fruits and vegetables, farming fish, creating soil from what others throw away and more. We’ve constructed two green houses, four hoop houses, a tepee, are adding an edible trail and a pond to add to our fish farming.
We are a regional training center of the Milwaukee-based Growing Power, offering training and educational activities. Theses activities assist the community in conceptualizing the value of environmental stewardship.